A dental practice that provides treatment services to all members of a family irrespective of their ages and oral concerns is said to offer family dentistry. In such instances, the dentist is often a general dentist who provides treatment for all common oral conditions. Consulting a common dentist for all members of the family has a few advantages over visiting different dentists for each individual, which are as follows:
- Scheduling appointments is easier when you have a family dentist, as they may give you a higher priority. Also, one appointment would suffice for routine consultations of all members of your family.
- Family dentists would be well-trained to handle all types of common oral conditions, making it a one-stop destination.
- The dentist may offer you a small discount off of the actual fee, based on mutual understanding.
- The benefit of familiarity would play a crucial role when it comes to visiting the same dentist for a long duration. It is especially beneficial when it comes to young children, as they would respond better to a familiar face and not make a fuss.
- The family dentist would maintain a detailed record of your oral health history, which can come in handy when required, such as while addressing unexpected dental issues.
What treatment procedures do family dentists offer?
- Cavity treatment: Cavities are caused due to the erosive action of the toxins released by the oral bacteria. The cavity can grow deeper and wider if it isn’t treated and disinfected in the early stages. We will remove the decay and tartar deposits from the cavity using ultrasonic scaling. The suitable filling material will be prepared using tooth-colored ceramic or composite resin and applied to the cavity to restore the tooth.
- Oral cleaning and maintenance: Oral cleaning is carried out to remove the adhered plaque and tartar deposits from the teeth surfaces. We use an ultrasonic scaling device for this purpose, which dislodges the tartar deposits and washes them off with a jet of water.
- Restorations: Oral restorations will be provided by the dentist to restore your teeth to their ideal contour and functionality. Some of the prominent ones are dental crowns, veneers, bridges, fillings, dentures, dental implants, inlays, onlays, etc.
- Gum treatment: Gum diseases can take a severe toll on your oral health if left untreated for a long time. We will offer suitable treatment by removing the decayed tissues, suggesting medication, and grafting healthy tissues to the receded area.
- Root canal therapy: Root canal therapies are required when the central dental pulp of a tooth gets severely infected by oral bacteria. The condition can be extremely painful and result in bleeding, discharge of pus, jawbone deterioration, etc. Hence, we treat such a condition by entirely removing the decayed dental pulp from the tooth, thereby saving it from getting extracted.
- Pediatric services: Treating children and young teenagers would require extra care and a friendly approach. We monitor the growth of the teeth, provide orthodontic solutions, suggest the right ways to maintain oral hygiene, and conduct a comprehensive diagnosis of the mouth.
You may schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts by calling us at (317) 560-5556 or reaching us through an online query. We’re always happy to help.