Taking care of your child’s oral health is just as important as caring for their overall health. How well their teeth grow at their young age speaks a lot about how their facial shape would develop when they grow up. To help you and your children in this regard, we offer pediatric dental services.
What services are offered by pediatric dentists?
- Cavity prevention: Cavities are one of the most widely seen oral conditions in children. They are caused by the erosive action of the toxins released by the microbes in the mouth. We help prevent cavities in children by checking for tartar deposits and signs of decay. They will be removed gently by ultrasonic scaling, after which we will use a suitable filling material to restore the teeth.
- Monitoring the growth of teeth: Teething is quite a crucial phase in children. It determines optimal growth of the jawbone, which indirectly influences the facial shape. More importantly, the growth of the teeth has to be monitored closely after the baby teeth fall off and the permanent ones erupt. We will take care of this phase and make sure your child’s teeth emerge in their orthodontically right positions.
- Fluoride treatment: Fluoride is an essential mineral present in the teeth, which increases the teeth’ immunity to decay. The ideal amount of fluoride is provided to the body through drinking water and the toothpaste we use. When this amount is not quite adequate, we will perform a fluoride treatment, which helps to replenish it.
- Sealants: Dental sealants are used to cover the occlusal grooves on the surface of the molars and premolars. They are made from tooth-colored acrylic, making them almost impossible to distinguish from the natural enamel. Sealants completely cover the occlusal grooves on the teeth surfaces, thus avoiding microbial deposition in them. This significantly reduces the chances of developing cavities.
- Routine consultations: Regular dental consultations are crucial in ensuring minor oral concerns do not increase in severity. During the consultation, we will look into factors such as cavities, tartar deposits, malocclusion, gum disease, mouth ulcers, receding gum line, etc. Based on the observations, suitable treatment recommendations will be made.
- Orthodontic solutions: Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the misalignment of teeth. We will thoroughly diagnose your oral condition and recommend necessary treatment in the form of dental braces or other clear aligners.
You may schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts by calling us at (317) 560-5556 or reaching us through an online query. We’re always happy to help.