Are you conscious about malocclusion or misaligned teeth affecting the aesthetics of your smile? Do you wish to get the teeth straightened but not ready to opt for braces as you are concerned about people noticing the metal braces when you smile?
Here is a solution that can help you by solving all your concerns - a better way to straighten your teeth - Invisalign!
Malocclusion is a common dental condition that many people face; it can also lead to several concerns related to the functionality and aesthetics of the mouth as well. It is recommended to get it diagnosed and treated when you are young to get better and long-lasting results.
Invisalign is a kind of dental aligner that is clear, invisible, and removable and is used to correct dental irregularities comfortably. Invisalign aligners straighten or adjust teeth to their ideal position without the need for metal braces, wires, and bands. Invisalign is also referred to as the modern-day orthodontic aligner and offers aesthetic and health benefits over conventional metal braces.
What can Invisalign treat?
Invisalign can treat the following dental problems, that include:
- Crowded teeth: When there is no enough space available in the jaw to fit all the teeth comfortably or properly, Invisalign can help.
- Widely spaced teeth: If there is too much spacing between the teeth due to shifting teeth resulting from missing teeth or abnormal jaw growth, Invisalign will help.
- Crossbite: When the upper and lower jaws- both are misaligned, Invisalign aligners can help.
- Overbite/overjet: Invisalign aligners can help when the upper teeth bite is over the lower teeth.
- Mild relapse: Some relapsing tooth movement may occur after the removal of the traditional braces. In such cases, Invisalign can help.
What makes aligners special when compared to traditional metal braces?
Invisalign aligners are helpful and unique because of the following characteristics:
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible.
- Invisalign aligners are removable. This makes Invisalign aligners more convenient and easy to use.
- There are no food restrictions when wearing Invisalign, unlike metal braces.
- Brushing and flossing are easy with Invisalign aligners.
- The wearing of Invisalign aligners is much more comfortable than wearing metal braces.
- Invisalign aligners do not cause any mouth abrasions.
- Unlike metal braces, Invisalign aligners do not require spending lots of time on the dentist’s chair.
- Invisible aligners are easy to wear as they have rounded edges and have no wires or metal brackets that bother your gums and cheeks.
- Since Invisalign aligners are made from clear plastic, it is unlikely that anyone would easily spot your orthodontic aligners.
- Since Invisible aligners are designed using advanced technology, it provides an exact fit for your teeth.
- Treatment with Invisalign aligners takes 6 to 12 months to complete. When compared to braces, this is considerably shorter.
How to take care of the Invisalign aligner?
To keep the aligner clean, remove it and rinse it in warm water regularly. Also, brush it using a soft toothbrush as well.
Please reach out to us through online consultation or by calling us, and we’ll guide you further.